Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Controls Technician. This role may suit a graduate engineer/technician - with a passion to learn and develop in a role with massive potential!
The role will be based at our clients site in Peterlee and is a contract position for a period of 24 months
BACKGROUND OF OUR CLIENT
Caterpillar established its first major facility outside the United States more than 60 years ago in the UK. Today, the company employs more than 10,000 people in 20 major facilities.
Caterpillar Peterlee is the worldwide source of Cat® Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. The facility's manufacturing activities use the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology and a state-of-the-art paint plant. Machines from the site are shipped to customers around the world.
Electronic Controls now form the cornerstone of all major functionality on Caterpillar Articulated Trucks. The Machine Controls Section of Global Machine Development exists to assure that development and validation of these systems are executed efficiently and effectively.
Working with partners in Cat Electronics, IPS, Transmissions, Engines, Hydraulics, and Machine Systems, the Machine Controls Engineer plans, executes software & electronic system development and validation activities on machines at both Cornforth Proving Ground and customer locations.
Job Responsibilities of the Machine Controls Engineer:
* Contributing to the creation of electronic control system development and validation schedules for NTI / NPI / CPI projects on Articulated Trucks.
* Creation of on-machine validation procedures for Articulated Trucks electronic control systems
* Planning and execution of on-machine development and validation activities, including thorough documentation of issues.
* Provide product group approval and sign off for SW enabled features.
* Facilitate and execute SW factory flashing validation including cab line, main line, PSPS and VMC.
* Support of other development and validation activities executed on-machine as technical expert for the electronic control system.
* Execute BIQ process.
* Trouble shooting machine control or machine behaviour issues including data capture and analysis.
Some travel to customer sites may be required to gather data, repair problems and perform tests.
Controls validation may include hoisting, steering, transmission, display, SW enabled machine features, payload monitoring, telematics and engine control systems.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
* BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Science
* Understanding of electronic systems development tools and methodologies
* Ability to concisely and accurately communicate technical information
* On-board or off-board machine control system development experience.
* Flexible and adaptable work ethic.
* Must be able to work in a diverse environment.
* Experience with electronic systems development tools, including CANape, CADet, HPQC
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.