Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Machine Configuration Engineer for our client Caterpillar in Peterlee. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The role of the Machine Configuration Engineer is to support the Machine Technical Lead and System Integration Engineer from concept to production release of the detailed design requirements in the areas of time, cost and quality for both NPI projects and current production issues.
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining the integrity of the Machine Integration teams' ProE geometry, including concept configuration drawings, JT files, global skeletal coordinate systems, final machine configuration models, etc. In addition, the Machine Configuration Engineer monitors the ProE models of all COE team from concept through release of any design iteration to manage space claim for seamless machine integration. The goal of this role is to maintain integrity of the form, fit and function of machine by working closely with other functional design areas, as well as the product groups, to ensure consistency in modelling practices and design implementation. Besides strong technical and ProE skills, this engineer also has a strong working knowledge of ICIDO and other virtual audit techniques to assist the MIO team in conducting design reviews and other audits to produce the highest quality and value product.
* Produce overall machine layout & manage BOM structure including attachments
* Manages Space Claim meetings & coordinates with machine arrangements with COE teams
* Work with performance engineers to evaluate machine performance including load & kinematic studies
* Performs machine level Pro/E and VizView Audits in support of Safety and Serviceability
* Proactively work with system teams on every day design audits
* Coordinates Reviews with Processing and Manufacturing
* Manage vehicle level audit issues list & maintains machine level technical specification
* Monitors & manages the machine level Paint and Lube Group, test specifications, etc.
* Monitors & documents weight distribution of machine plus maximum machine weight versus target weight
* Manages & maintains machine configuration information including shipping data
* Owns & controls machine coordinate systems in Pro-E, communicates to COEs and component groups
* Interacts with other teams to maintain product-line commonality
* Interfaces with all functional design teams & product group to maintain consistency of CREO / ProE modeling practices
* Develop and communicate machine concepts
* Communicates and supports machine specific functional requirements to system teams
* Co-ordinates styling changes as well as nomenclature, messages and marking requirements
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience of CREO/Pro-E
* Experience of engine Installation feasibility assessment
* Good understanding of machine level installation requirements eg service
* Good communication skills, both written instructions and working as part of a team
* Good skills with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
* Engineering degree qualified
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience of Teamcentre working environment
* Experience of vehicle & system design
* Experience of Caterpillar design and detailing standards
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.