Sitec has a requirement for a Logistics (transportation) Analyst for our client - Caterpillar/Perkins. Working in the Parts Distribution area (inbound and outbound) this is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based at our clients site in Irlam, Manchester. The rate for this role is up to £30 p/hr (Dependent on experience).
As a Transportation Analyst supporting Caterpillar/Perkins Parts Distribution operations, you will primarily manage the inbound and outbound transportation flows (carrier performance management, invoice grief resolution, claim resolution and transport network optimization). You will be responsible for executing certain steps of the transportation processes between suppliers, transportation service providers (Carriers), Caterpillar/Perkins facilities and Perkins dealers, maintaining transportation practices, set-up KPI's and manage performance of all process partners, understanding customer requirements and executing based on those requirement of service parts between the Irlam Distribution Center and its European dealers/customers, maintaining the carrier SOPs, managing carrier performance, managing day to day operations activity (including disruption and event management) and liaising with aftermarket Operations teams/Order Fulfillment teams and Dealers.
Key Job functions include but not limited to:
- Monitor performance, report and address exceptions in the flow of goods on the assigned lanes from Transport Order to Delivery.
- Transport invoice grief resolution
- Resolve transport claims
- Manage proactive communication with the supply chain partners and dealers/customers in case of operational issues that will impact on-time delivery.
- Support and monitor process improvements that will enable operations to improve the transportation/logistics system and enhance the ability to become a higher velocity organization.
- Interact with Carrier base to manage performance and understand and improve current service offerings.
- Need to maintain an appropriate level of knowledge/expertise regarding governmental regulations pertaining to import and export requirements, carrier rules and regulations.
- Provide support to internal and external teams related to systems, operational, and process improvement i.e., Facility Logistics, and Inventory Management. Participate on teams and ad hoc committees dealing with supply chain issues requiring transportation input.
- Good understanding of the transport market
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Analytical Education
English language skills are required; other language skills would be an advantage.
Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
Solid written /oral communication skills. The ability to work in a fast- paced environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.