Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Logistics Technician for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Provide logistics assistance for the management of deliveries, distribution and stock control in support of all the Companies operations.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Material receipts and issues.
* Stock management and auditing using recognised corporate systems.
* Logistics functions within stores to include picking and packing, stock rotation, quarantining and distributing.
* Fork Lift Truck Operations sling & lifting.
* Locating material in the appropriate stores location using (FIFO system) with the characteristics of the commodity.
* Issue material with appropriate documentation (i.e. Form 16 Material data Sheet) in response to suitably authorised demands.
* Where appropriate, deliver material and collect across all sites for demanders. (Site licence required).
* Report stock discrepancies as these are revealed.
* Supporting projects.
* Following logistic processes for the delivery across sites. Includes national and international processes.
* Compliance to Company Safety Procedures.
* Ensure that team KPI's are met or exceeded.
* Deliver continuous improvement and change through innovation.
* To liaise with customers by telephone when required and deal with day-to-day problems regarding their orders in a polite and helpful manner.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Essential Qualifications and/ or professional memberships
* A good standard of basic education.
* Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) Level 3 or above or working towards.
* Fork lift truck pedestrian stacker.
* Full driving licence.
* Slinger and lifter.
* Dealing with difficult situations.
* Ability to work and problem solve under pressure.
* Proactive approach to safety and quality.
* Takes pride in performance and development.
* Positively influences colleagues.
* Builds the confidence, pride and self-esteem of those around them.
* Excellent organisation skills
* Logistics/warehousing environment.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.