Sitec has a requirement for a Logistics Analyst for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Irlam.
The Logistics Analyst will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with transportation carriers to provide for the timely and efficient movement of inbound, inter-facility, and outbound materials shipment for a Caterpillar manufacturing operation, including delivery of customer emergency and stock shipments, availability of carrier equipment, and capacity to handle shipments
* Manage the transportation operations associated within a Caterpillar plant.
* Accountable for day to day results of managing the operations to meet the agreed upon KPI (key performance indicators) to ensure process effectiveness.
* Responsible for leading the Transport Operation for multiple Clients in one Distribution Center department, meeting client's needs and achieving profitable goals within the Cat Logistics Clients.
* Reporting directly to incumbent are 1 Team Leader, responsible for transport operation, Vehicle Maintenance, Garage and direct contact with customers and Suppliers in the transportation area.
* Responsible for meeting the Client's needs, and achieving profit targets with the multiple Cat Logistics accounts. Incumbent is also responsible to fulfil all Laws and Regulations concerning road Transport and Traffic, of course also assuring that the Laws and Rules on the Swedish Labor Market are followed.
* Leads one Transport Operation to ensure that Client service levels and financial targets are achieved. Transport operation includes receiving of Transport orders, Route planning, Client contacts and statutory
* Maintenance of Trucks. Representative for this Operation in Client contacts. Works closely together with Operation Manager and the other Operation leaders, to determine and satisfy the client's information and service requirements.
* Recommend practical changes and implements systems and routines.
* Plans for the development of the business and solves operational issues and problems.
* Recruits, evaluates, trains and motivates various staff together with Human Resource Department.
* Works with Cat Logistics clients and operational Management in process development meetings regarding day to day operational issues.
* Participates as a team member in the development team to strengthen and equip transport operation, develop procedures and functions to ensure that Operation complies with requirements.
* Requires a broad background in all aspects of Transport operations with previous supervisory experience.
* Must have very good knowledge of prevailing government requirements in the Transportation area.
* Furthermore, good knowledge of other prevailing government requirements and local habits, manners and customs.
* Must possess good skills in the areas of human relations and communications.
* Swedish/English desired, college desired and 2-5 years of experience.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
* Transportation Spend: $40-60M Spend
* Dealer Managed Freight Spend: $20M
* Locations: 1 Main
* Personnel: 1 Mgmt. 6 Salaried, 6 Contract
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.