Sitec has a requirement for Logistics Analyst for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 6-12 months and will be based in Stafford.
* Working under the direction of Facility Logistics Engineers, ensure material is shipped, received, stored or delivered quickly and efficiently.
* Perform tasks to improve inbound and outbound material flow.
* Using the CPS Guiding Principles, participate in continuous improvement projects
- Manage material to PFEP-defined flow paths
- Recommend and deploy material movement using defined transportation options
- React to RCCA process as it relates to carrier performance
- Support efforts to improve carrier quality and container scheduling and availability
- Performs Inventory counts as needed
* Investigate root causes and perform corrective action to resolve transportation issues. File carrier loss and damaged freight claims and monitor, analyze and perform root cause corrective actions to resolve freight non-compliance issues.
* Performs tasks that support carrier collaboration, smooth operation of milk runs, coordination of third party logistics services, plant site material logistics, and managing supermarkets and kitting processes.
* Responsible for optimizing material flow throughout the plant site, ensuring availability of needed resources, to include operating personnel and material handling equipment, always working to eliminate traffic bottlenecks.
The Logistics Analyst will be responsible for maintaining service for industrial vehicle repair, responsible for performing all repairs and preventive maintenance for all vehicles plant wide.
The successful candidate will provide tactical management for inventory levels and the daily operations in the major tools and supplies disbursement and tool grinding cribs.
* Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
* CPS Functional
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification desired
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required
* Minimum of one year of supply chain or related field job experience
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
* Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
* Experience in Supply Chain / Logistics or Transportation Management
* Material distribution experience
* Knowledge of material handling equipment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.