Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Linux / VMware Administrator for our client Caterpillar, at their site in Desford, Leicestershire. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
As an Linux / VMware Administrator, you will assist in the development of detailed architecture and system specifications for major business development, integration and implementation projects. Apply systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or infrastructure components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Competent to perform all development, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision
* Provide project management, systems, and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members
* Work on more complex technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls
* Work independently on complex projects that span multiple infrastructure components
* Develop major infrastructure architectures released based on requirements gathered from system customers
* Perform integrated testing and acceptance of infrastructure components to ensure timely, quality results
* Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to the platform supported, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems
* Design and implement processes, or process improvements, to aid in development and support
* Assist customers with documentation, training and usability efforts
* Relevant degree, technical certification or equivalent experience
* Substantial job related experience to include VMware administration (ESXi experience should be required)
* Experience of in RedHat Linux administration as well.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.