Sitec has a requirement for a Lifting Operative for our client based in Bristol . This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £19.00 p/hr LTD Company.
This is a physical logistics role under the Supply Chain Logistics Umbrella of our clients base in Bristol
The Lifting Operative must be able to work well as part of a multifunctional team within tight deadlines and under high pressure.
* Management of own Risk Assessments, Lift Plans and SSOW.
* Managing lifting and personal safety equipment. Ensuring this is all within date and responsible for managing the quarantine area.
* Responsible for loading and installing front spar to jig. Use Engineering drawings to ensure Spar is measured in correct location for use with SLB.
* Operation of rear steer on the Stade cover delivery lorry.
* Unloading 10 tonne trailer from Stade delivery lorry and lifting into position.
* Unloading covers from Stade delivery box ensuring correct lifting lug is used to weight tolerance. Lifting in position, craning to MAJ and installing to MasterStraps.
* Decant and load Ribs to Rib Cell. Install drill blocks and strong backs. Use the Dalmec arm to lift Ribs into Flight Bars.
* Lift Flight Bars with Loaded Ribs into position in MAJ.
* Install Rear Spar. Ensuring Spar is within correct location in relation to ribs.
* Independently within the team remove wing from MAJ to PE1
* Using extensive knowledge of MAJ to unattach the wing. Use load cells to ensure wing is unattached at correct sequence.
* Use Load Cells and laser alignment guide to ensure correct wing pick up and correct CoG location.
* Responsible for all trailer and trolley movements within A400M.
* Carry out CoG checks for wing Beluga loading.
* Cover wing for delivery to St Nazaire.
* Ability to climb Goliath to retrieve vacuum lifting equipment.
* Install FLE drill jigs.
* Install technical tooling to Pylons as an alignment guide.
* Release end gates before removal of wing from MAJ..
* Current crane experience.
* Ability to work at height
* Experience with using Douglas Tug essential.
* Ideally, the candidate will have knowledge of SAP within a Production Environment
* Highly trained banksmen for large wing movements.
* Extensive knowledge of RTJ and various tooling settings when installing the wing, flaps and FLE's.
* Flexibility essential- support Ops with the installation of FLE's, Spoilers, Ailerons, IFS and ADHOC lifts when required.
* FAL support- Knowledge of Tooling and SCL processes required within the FAL.
* MEWP experience essential.
* Physically fit- manually lifting heavy cumbersome loads- lifting equipment for loading the RTJ.
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.