Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Lead SQL Server DBA for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. This is a permanent position paying a salary of £29,000 - £40,000 per annum including benefits.
This role has primary responsibility for the technical oversight, support and through life operation of the clients Microsoft SQL Server estate that support corporate business processes and is fundamental to the delivery of all of the clients corporate goals, and in the support of National Nuclear Security.
* Act as the technical lead and the technically accountable person for the support and availability of SQL Server services providing Corporate Business capability.
* Provide support and guidance into the creation of sustainable operational processes ensuring services are monitored and maintained. Assure the day to day delivery of services through the application of best practice support and operational processes.
* The through-life management of SQLServer including creation of Roadmaps and managing the upgrade of services to maintain security and support.
* Ensuring that DR plans for SQLServer services are current and regularly tested
* Provide technical direction across the areas of accountability by maintaining knowledge and capability awareness for both internal and external ICT.
* Oversee new project deliveries that are transitioned into Live service
* Inputting into the configuration management of the service and related documents
* Assist in defining and agreeing SQLServer SLA/OLA (in collaboration with the Business Service Owner)
* Support the delivery of the agreed service in accordance with the OLAs / SLAs
* Provide Technical Leadership within a team of DBAs to develop and demonstrate expertise through best practice in, methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards for SQLServer to ensure that the operational teams meet service level and operational level agreements.
* Develop technical strategies for applicable services to provide guidance and direction which will, in turn, lead to an agile and responsive service capable of meeting the client's goals.
* Consistently demonstrate positive behaviours in relation to environment, safety, health, security and quality in line with the 'Our ESH Culture' framework.
* Embraces and anticipates the need for change continually seeking new ways of working to improve results.
* Helps others to see the future positively and get practical support to operate in the changed conditions. Understands impact of personal style and encourages feedback from others to develop performance.
* Handles difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact.
* Networks proactively inside and outside the organisation by investing in personal relationships.
* Co-operates and builds relationships in the immediate work group. Builds the confidence, pride and self-esteem of those around them.
* Fosters good team morale and spirit and motivates others.
* Supports members of the team and gives consideration to their limitations and abilities
* Encourages people to question and challenge practices or procedures that are not fit for purpose. Seeks out and acts on feedback.
* Demonstrates personal courage to overcome obstacles.
* Promotes a positive health and safety culture.
* Holds self and others accountable for behaviour and results
* Encourages people to question and challenge practices or procedures that are not fit for purpose. Self-motivated and proactive, with a strong focus on delivery of positive outcomes
* Self-aware and self-managed
* Innovative and risk aware
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* A working knowledge supporting SQLServer, SSIS & SSRS.
* Knowledge of IT Operational support processes
* IT and information related principles, standards, and requirements when operating within MOD and UK legislative environments
* Information Security standards, support procedures and incident response
* General understanding of enterprise computing technologies and concepts
* General understanding of virtualization technologies
* Encourages people to question and challenge practices or procedures that are not fit for purpose.
* Calls people to account when they under-deliver or let standards slip
* Experience of a technical support role, in a multi skilled environment
* Able to comprehensively capture, challenge, justify, articulate and manage customer, business, capability and operational user requirements
* Able to provide comprehensive documentation
* Able to set and manage realistic expectations for timescales, costs, benefits and measures for success
* A good standard of education
* A professional engineering, business or management qualification or
* Industry Standard IT related qualification (Degree/HND/HNC/ONC) is desirable
* A professional membership to BCS or other
* Willing and able to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends as required
* Willing to travel in UK and Abroad for period time away from home
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.