Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Lead Safety Assessment Specialist for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
Provides extensive specialist subject matter expertise in the assessment of nuclear, explosive and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product. Advises on strategies for the development of safety assessments (safety case/safety basis/risk assessments). Develops and delivers complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
* Leads and manages the technical input to the planning and production of safety documentation.
* Delivers safety assessments and other technical safety documentation to agreed standards.
* Monitors the production and delivery of safety documentation, using appropriate metrics.
* Ensure the implementing safety documentation requirements meet the standards set in the MSPs.
* Provides technical input to the production of Company and SESH policy, guidance and strategy.
* Provides technical input to the design and/or delivery of technical training.
* Mentor SAS Assessors and Senior SAS members as part of a planned development activity.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in security, environment, safety and health.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief
* Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Lead a Safety Assessment Specialist team in the production, delivery of safety
* justification/documentation and through the governance process.
* Take ownership of safety justification/documentation as directed by Group Leader, Nuclear Safety or SESH Management.
* Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for safety are communicated and understood.
* Contributing to processes that assess performance of the development and use of safety assessments and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
* To assist with verification and checking safety documentation.
* Mentoring others in safety assessment approaches, documentation and techniques
* Maintaining and promoting high standards in security, environment, safety and health
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Deputise for Group Leader, Nuclear Safety in meetings when requested.
* Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or extensive practical experience.
* Extensive experience in the field of safety assessment for radiological, chemical and/or explosive hazards.
* Experience in a nuclear, high hazard and/or highly regulated industry.
* Experience of several Domains (Management system, Front End, Project design, Commissioning, Operations, Decommissioning)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.