Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Lead Mechanical and 1 / 2 Mechanical Engineers for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The posts are an initial 12 month contract and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Technical Knowledge / Experience
* Mechanical Engineer with Mechanical Handling experience within industrial and nuclear environments.
* Knowledge of Machinery Directive, LOLER, Crane Codes and Standards.
* Commercially aware. Experience of design through commissioning.
Role / Tasks
* Design docs including tech specs, design reports, substantiation calcs and reports.
* Reviewing supplier design docs, technical commentary.
* Technical progress and reviews with sub-contractors
Qualities / Skills
* Ability to organise engineering tasks
* Present at technical review.
* Proactive, efficient
* Ability to lead/direct other engineers/ sub-contract designers.
* HNC / HND / Degree
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.