Lead Engineer -- 6891692 -- 12 months -- Pay rate up to £42.00 p/hr LTD Company
Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The European Division of Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European division and is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed by Caterpillar in the UK.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Team and be responsible for leading and executing on a portfolio of engine system and connectivity/telematics projects.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer:
* Design, plan and manage coordinated design and development of integrated engine Electrical and Electronics Systems
* Solicit and capture system and customer requirements
* Successful completion of system engineering tasks to satisfy customer requirements
* Plan, develop and execute validation activities to mitigate program risk and ensure the system is verified and validated for production.
* Develop, manage, communicate and execute a Software Release Schedule for all stakeholders.
* Evaluate and analyze any product design & requirements changes.
* Identify and resolve new & current product development issues
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
* Proven Systems Engineer with the ability to execute and lead a number of projects at one time
* Technical background in systems development, analysis and/or integration (electronics or mechanical)
* Very good teaming and communication skills
* Good initiative, self starter
* Ability to build strong working relations
* Provide focus on the customer and their needs
* Ability to initiate and take independent action
* Innovative solutions in problem solving
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize
* Demonstrated performance to very high work standards
'Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role
* Previous knowledge or experience developing control systems for diesel engines, construction equipment or automotive applications is desirable.
* Knowledge of data analysis tools - CANape, CANoe, Vector, CANbus
* Knowledge of telematics
* Comfortable resolving technical issues and implementing solutions
* Comfortable using collaboration tools to work with a global team of resources
* Formal systems engineering training
Background - Diesel engine or off-highway control system development (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.