Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Lead Design Engineer / Analyst (Mechanical) for a Nuclear site in Risley. The post is an estimated 12 month contract for a 37 hour week and is paying competitively on an Umbrella or PAYE basis only. Please indicate desired rate on submission.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Disclosure Scotland clearance prior to appointment.
This role requires an experienced professional engineer / engineering analyst with sufficient knowledge and experience to lead an engineering activity or small project
* To lead the delivery of radioactive materials (RAM) transport engineering activities and projects, and provide technical advice
* Design of Radioactive Containers, Lifting Equipment and associated equipment
* Responsible for leading the delivery of engineering tasks or projects to meet agreed time, cost and quality objectives. This includes the management of engineers and third party suppliers
* Lead delivery of a RAM transport system engineering activities and projects
* Support to the development of safety cases for RAM transport assets and systems
* Support to engineers / engineering analysts and checking of their work
* Monitoring and reporting of work against schedule and budget and other KPI's as agreed
* Work to current management processes and systems and contribute to their continued development and improvement
Typical qualifications, experience and skills required are:
* Good degree in engineering (ideally mechanical), or equivalent experience
* Recognised professional engineering qualification, or equivalent
* Good experience / knowledge / understanding of engineering applied to RAM transport
* Experience and capability to lead an engineering activity or small project with minimum guidance, support and/or checking required
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.