Sitec has an interesting requirement for two Civil/Structural Layout Engineers for its clients site in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months initially. This may also suit a candiadate seeking a Permanent Staff role as the client is looking to fill the role with either a contractor or a permanent staff candidate.
Main Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of the Layout Engineer is to capture the output from the technical design packages into an overall Facility layout that provides the functional capability in line with the requirements. This will involve:
* Interfacing with the Operations & Integration Lead to translate activity sequences into a Facility layout that aids operational efficiency;
* Interfacing with the Engineering Leads to gather system information to spatially co-ordinate buildings, equipment, services, transport routes etc. resolving any clashes that may arise during the design development;
* Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are inherent within the layout development and the ability to show how these have been met by the deign output.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences the candidate should have experience in:
* Developing spatial layouts for docks, buildings, plant rooms, equipment etc.;
* Using CAD and / or 3D modelling to clearly articulate design information;
* The use of BIM would be desirable.
This role reports to the Operations & Integration Manager.
Minimum HNC/HND in STEM related subject; However, a Degree in a STEM subject (or working towards) preferential.
Preferably working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status.
A range of client specific courses will be required, such as the following;
* Site Induction
* Fire Safety
* Data Protection
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.