Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Layout Engineer to be based on Devonport Naval Dockyard on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Western Europe's largest naval base for more than three hundred years, engineers have been shaping the dockyard to ensure it supports the fleet and protects the nation. We need you to help continue this tradition, transforming, sustaining and improving Devonport to meet the demands of the Royal Navy for the next hundred years.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme, including Astute and Dreadnought class
Main Purpose of the Layout Engineer Role:
The primary purpose of the Layout Engineer is to capture the output from the technical design packages into an overall Facility layout that provides the functional capability in line with the requirements. This will involve:
* Interfacing with the Operations & Integration Lead to translate activity sequences into a Facility layout that aids operational efficiency;
* Interfacing with the Engineering Leads to gather system information to spatially co-ordinate buildings, equipment, services, transport routes etc. resolving any clashes that may arise during the design development;
* Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are inherent within the layout development and the ability to show how these have been met by the deign output.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences for the Layout Engineer role:
* Developing spatial layouts for docks, buildings, plant rooms and equipment etc;
* Using CAD and / or 3D modelling to clearly articulate design information;
* The use of BIM would be desirable.
This role reports to the Operations & Integration Manager.
Qualifications required of the Layout Engineer:
Minimum HNC/HND in STEM related subject; However, a Degree in a STEM subject (or working towards) preferential.
Preferably working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status.
A range of Babcock specific courses will be required, such as the following;
* Site Induction
* Fire Safety
* Data Protection
All internal Babcock courses will be provided for external candidates.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.