Sitec has a requirement for a Laboratory Support Technologist for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Peterborough. The hourly rate will be between £18.00 to £24.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience).
The AMT-UK team is part of a larger Caterpillar group whose focus is on providing materials engineering solutions for their customers. The team works closely with the Mechanical Engineering Teams but has many customers across the Peterborough site; including engineering, CAE, quality, aftermarket, manufacturing, sales and purchasing.
The team also provides similar support to other Caterpillar sites across the UK. The team consists of around 13 technical specialists, engineers and technicians. The nature of the technical support provided includes product testing and approval, process improvement, failure analysis of components, developments and evaluation of both new material and suppliers and various customer support activities.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Support Technologist:
The main functional requirements of the job are to work independently on less complex engineering assignments. Day to day work activities will be guided by engineers but will require the candidate to work independently. The candidate will have experience in the following areas:
* Metallographic preparation of samples
* Mechanical and chemical Testing of components
* Non Destructive Testing techniques
* Metallurgical / Chemical Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* Experience of working within a Materials Laboratory completing component analysis
* Quality oriented
* Basic metallurgical knowledge of engineering materials such as Cast Iron, Steel. Aluminium and / or non-metallic materials
* Experience of working in an ISO17025 accredited laboratory
* Understanding of RoHS regulations
* Experience with MS Office
* Analysis / Problem Solving
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.