Sitec has a requirement for a Junior Planning Engineer for our client based in Heysham, Lancashire. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months. The max rate for this role is up to £17.50 p/hr PAYE.
No previous experience or training is required for this position but a HNC or equivalent would be beneficial. The role would suit an individual who is currently looking for the opportunity to develop in the planning arena.
The Junior Planning Engineer will be based at Heysham 1 Nuclear Power Station in Lancashire. Training and guidance will be provided both by Cavendish Nuclear and a client in the necessary programs required to conduct the planning role. Previous experience is not necessary as the successful candidate will be mentored by the client through client processes and procedures.
The role will see the successful candidate providing a planning support role to the client sites maintenance department. The role will include but is not limited to:
* Attending / holding planning meetings with relevant engineering departments
* Producing plans for maintenance and other work throughout the year
* Working with engineers and technicians to develop and optimise working programmes
* Providing planning support to the station work week management process
* Understanding and visualising work packages
* Liaising with client and contract personnel regarding work package planning
The successful candidates will report to the Cavendish Nuclear Engineer in Charge at site but work under the instruction of the client.
Other responsibilities of the individual will include:
* Report to the Cavendish Nuclear site Engineer in Charge for all matters relating to daily activities.
* Within SQEP capability, undertake all work as instructed by the line manager in accordance with station and Cavendish Nuclear Ltd procedures and processes.
* Undertake administrative support functions as required by the role.
* Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them.
* Comply with the requirements of company and client procedures.
* Report any issues, concerns or otherwise to the Engineer in Charge or local supervisor.
Additional roles and responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the Engineer in Charge providing that they are within the SQEP of the individual.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Certificates of secondary education / HNC
* Previous experience working in a similar environment preferred but not required.
* CCNSG Safety Passport (for all agency applicants)
Successful applicants for the Junior Planning Engineer role must be able to obtain a CTC level of clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.