Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Information Systems Officer to join our clients Skills and Learning team based in Leatherhead. This is a contract role for an estimated 7 months
Our client is committed to delivering effective, high quality education consultancy and support services for schools and academies.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Junior Information Systems Officer will ensure that the central LA Management Information System contains up to date pupil data, with efficient record keeping and monitoring. Major tasks and activities will include being responsible for importing data files into local and authority databases and liaising with schools on resolution of data conflicts.
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ DELIVERABLES:
* Support IMS team as appropriate.
* Maintain high quality electronic record keeping for details of data received from schools and details of communications between IMS team and schools.
* Be aware of the operational needs of the team in line with the Service Delivery Agreement (SDA) and agreed targets.
Person Specification / Key Technical Skills
* Confident in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
* Good communication and written skills
* Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
* Ability to maintain good relations with customer base
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to prioritise and work accurately to deadlines
* Capable of working on own initiative
* Good organisational skills
* Flexible in approach
Key Behavioural Competencies
* Maintain effective and sympathetic communications with schools regarding receipt of their data returns.
* Sustain effective relationships with Surrey County Council.
* Demonstrate the behaviours required of the Babcock 4S Quality Standards and Customer Care.
* Provide a supportive response to schools regarding any issues arising from data returns, contributing to timely pupil data being available to colleagues in Children's Services.
A good general education
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.