Sitec has a requirement for a Java Developer - for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Portsmouth. The max pay rates are between £35-£45.00 p/hr LTD Company (DOE)
This role relates to a SatCom Network Management Product (named SmartDeploy) that has been developed in house by ADS.
The Java Developer will join the core development team to add new features and provide ongoing support to military programmes that use the product. The core is generic (i.e. it implements standard Network Management Business Processes). It is customised by a separate team - this is where specific customer requirements are implemented (e.g. number and the of network nodes/Service Types/Equipment Types). The work is funded both by programmes and by on-going R&D.
The Java Developer is required to support development of the SmartDeploy Product. The successful candidate will have a broad range of experience with software and its applications, experience of Software development using the Agile methodology and, ideally, knowledge of the control and monitoring of equipment.
The engineer must be able to take ownership of a development area and where necessary engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders, they must be able to contribute to all stages of the Software development lifecycle including development, test and deployment as well as preparing the associated documentation.
* The following key technical skills are required:
- Java Core (current)
- Java Enterprise Edition (current)
- JSF (Java Server Faces) - using PrimeFaces or other JSF implementation
- Agile Development Process
* Proven experience in software development of equipment interfaces in a Java environment using Java.
* Degree level education (to Masters level would be preferable)
* Knowledge of the following:
- Spring Framework
- Knowledge and use of major design patterns
- Eclipse / NetBeans IDE
- SVN or similar version control management system
- Network equipment configuration
- HTML & XHTML
- XML Parsing
- SQL Databases particularly MySQL
- Unix/Linux & Windows environments
- Continuous build environments
- Issue tracking systems
- Application Server Containers (GlassFish / JBoss)
- Software & system integration
- Network Management Systems
- Control & Monitoring Systems
- IP Networking
- Java Swing
- AJAX/AJAX Libraries
- HTML 5
- Web Services
- Telephony Systems
- DVB Gateway Systems
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a SC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.