Sitec has an interesting opportunity for a skilled IT Systems Administrator for our client in Stevenage.
This is a 7 month contract with a pay rate of £44 per hr Ltd.
An IT System Administrator is required to work with our IT CAE team to support developments in the Software Development Environments used by Space Systems software engineers in the UK to develop on-board software.
The role of IT Systems Administrator will involve:
* Working in a team to bring new applications and capabilities into the existing Software Development Environment (SDE) using Atlassian tool set.
* Configuring the IT Infrastructure utilising physical and virtual servers.
* Configure and test the client applications (Linux and Windows) and work with the end users to ensure that the tools are correctly integrated with other applications in the SDE tool chain.
* Ensure that backup and disaster recovery is built into the solution.
* Supporting the user community as they migrate their work to the new applications.
* Documentation of the solution.
The successful candidate will therefore:
* Have previous experience in the IT industry administering/operating software engineering tools.
* Linux system administration skills, preferably Red Hat.
* Have experience of administering applications in both Linux and Windows environments.
* Be a good communicator with a proven record of working in IT teams to deliver solutions to business teams.
* Ideally have experience providing IT solutions for software engineering design and development teams.
* Previous experience of installing and configuring Jenkins and Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence/Crowd) is desirable.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.