Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated 3-6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Core Role Purpose
As part of the Supply Chain Management function, work closely with IS Stakeholders to develop and implement procurement strategy for the clients ERP Transformation project.
IS Contract SCM Lead for the ERP Transformation for a fixed period of 3-6 month delivering outputs listed below:
* Provide IT contract expertise to advise the client on the best way of moving forward.
* Develop and deliver an exec sponsored strategy that outlines the potential contractual and procurement options available while making proposed recommendation based on experience and knowledge of IT industry and specifically ERP and 'Cloud' sectors.
* Resolve any contractual issues as they arise and develop contractual ways of working that ensure that client's risk profile for the contract is maintained.
* Lead the development of the negotiation strategy and support with senior contractual discussions.
* Operate at senior level to develop an appropriate contractual operating model between the supplier and the client that is agreed by the CPO, CIO and Supply Chain Director along with Senior Executives from the supplier.
* Develop client internal resource in the operational and SCM teams that ensures a smooth transition into business as usual once this assignment is complete.
* Developing relationships and providing Supply Chain expertise directly with key stakeholders.
* Mentoring and support of Senior Buyers and Supply Chain Specialists by providing training and guidance to optimise performance.
* Influencing make / buy strategic sourcing decisions.
* Building robust relationships with the external Supply Chain.
* Supporting change and championing best practice to promote the Supply Chain function.
* Ensuring Supply Chain processes, tools and systems are adhered to, leading by example.
* Ensuring an understanding of responsibilities and demonstrating appropriate behaviours in line with the company's environmental, sustainability, health, safety, security, quality and ethics standards.
* Undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
Evidence required to demonstrate competence
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* In-depth working experience within a Senior Procurement Role.
* Proven strong supplier negotiation and influencing skills.
* Experience of strategy development and implementation to contract award for large value contracts.
* Proven experience and knowledge of procuring large IT contracts, preferably ERP and cloud contracts.
* Experience of high value, complex contract negotiations with industry leading organisations. E.g. Oracle / SAP etc.
* Proven knowledge and application of supplier management strategies to maximise benefits and minimise risk.
* Proven record of developing and delivering the Supply Chain Strategy.
* Excellent influencing and interpersonal / relationship management skill set, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all business levels.
Qualifications and/or professional memberships or equivalent
* Ideally Degree/MCIPS qualified, or have equivalent experience.
* Some UK travel will be required which may entail short periods away from home.
* Some overseas travel may be required which may entail short periods away from home.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.