Sitec currently have a role for an IT Project Manager to join our client on a 10 Month initial contract. The pay rate for this role is £45p/hr Ltd
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That's why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
JOB PURPOSE of IT Project Manager :
A project management professional committed to delivering programs on-time, within budget and to specification by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, tools, and training. Provides expertise in specific areas of program and project management processes to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective implementation of products and services.
Job Duties of IT Project Manager
* The creation and implementation of project management & governance processes and corresponding templates, artifacts required to adhere to industry best practices in the project management process landscape
* Regularly assessing risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
* Project management of demands through the BCP IT Demand Management process
* Auditing compliance to the BCP IT Demand Management Process (GW's followed, relevant artifacts collected, etc...)
* Provide scheduling support for projects, including network diagrams, task relationships
* Act as a SCRUM master for AGILE projects
o (1-3 projects at any one time depending on size and other workload)
* BU Pull co-ordination with GIS
* Change Management with Leadership & Teammates
* Mentor and train junior Project Managers and Project Analysts in the role and expectations
* Provides troubleshooting and training to user base as necessary
* Identifying technical dependencies and aligning with stakeholders on how to manage dependencies which could impact the success of the project.
* Facilitate control meetings
* Facilitation of multi discipline teams from charter and scope creation, management of process plans, action plans, change plans, risk planning, and stakeholder update communication
* Facilitate gathering and maintenance of project estimates,
* Defining and maintaining resource management plans
* Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
* Secondary Responsibilities
o Collect & catalogue high level business requirements
o Lead gathering project artefacts with team members, peers and leadership
Experiences of IT Project Manager
* Broad section of project experience (small to large, simple to complex).
* Working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
* Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
* Developing processes where little exists
* Demonstrated flexibility to get things done
* Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. (Take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.)
* Experience in process development and maintaining a project quality audit system
Qualifications & Skills of IT Project Manager :
* Solid MS Project skills
* Experience in VSTS and JIRA would be advantageous
* Advanced MS Excel
* Change management
* Degree and suitable experience
* PM certification
* Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
* Good facilitation & interpersonal skills
* Expert in AGILE and Waterfall methodologies
* Solid planning and organisational skills
* Very comprehensive knowledge of and experience in executing project management methodologies and techniques.
* Strong attention to detail.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.