Sitec has an exciting requirement for an IT Operations Specialist for our client in Bristol. This is a contract for an estimated 12 months. The max rate is up to £25.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Our client is looking for an IT Operations Specialist within the IM organisation in Bristol.
An opportunity has arisen to join the ZID team providing End to End Product Lifecycle Management (E2E PLM) Services and Support and be responsible to maintain, manage and transform the operational services / support activity to cater for constantly changing our clients business requirements. These include taking into consideration evolving technology, the differing needs of generation X, Y and Z, supporting Multi-Functional Teams (MFT's) and other Digital enablers.
This is an exciting opportunity to define and develop the new process, ways of working and offer a chance for you to develop both your technical and organisational skills on a wide spectrum of new and upcoming technologies.
E2E PLM Operational Support is responsible for Services such as Incident Management & Escalation (with a focus on external supply chain), Consulting, End User Support, Data Exchange, Data Administration and Support & Access Management in the areas of Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer Services supporting PLM toolsets such as Catia, VPM, Windchill, 3DXperience etc.
Priority will be given to employees whose position is impacted by a workforce adaptation initiative.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Transform Operational activities to improve business value and maximise Return on Investment (ROI) of new digital services as they are implemented at our clients site.
* Actively participate in defining the role of Support Activities to suit changes in the way tools and applications are delivered i.e. Scaled Agile Framework(SAFe), DevOps
* Managing incidents & communication related to Extended Enterprise, Validating changes to the Extended Enterprise(EE) landscape and be the Focal Point to the business for all things related to EE incident management
* Provide consultancy on PLM support topics and organise special support activities ie. (Out of Hours Support)
* Work closely in multi-functional teams (MFT) supporting solution development (Agile Release Trains- ART) to ensure that operational factors are taken into account.
* Be open minded and eager to seek and promote innovative ideas to improve the way "support services" are delivered (new generation & disruptive technologies) and improve customer experience at all levels.
* Analyse and compare transnational processes with an aim of learning "best practices" and champion harmonization in an Agile way.
* Provide technical expertise to the business, support Functional Experts evolution, build informal teams and cooperate with stakeholders.
* Be a flexible team player with excellent oral and written skills within a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
* This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
The IT Operations Specialist will be responsible for the defining, developing, configuring and supporting computer applications. You will employ modelling, information engineering and cost-based accounting to develop a system that satisfies both management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible.
Skills - We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* 6+ years experience.
* Education to degree level or with relevant experience.
* Engineering / IT background preferred.
* Passionate about new technologies and trends.
* Experience of Agile/DevOps preferred.
* Experience of working in a multi-cultural/large organisation.
* Good understanding of PLM Landscape.
* Strong stakeholder management.
* English language at negotiation level, other languages would be an advantage.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.