Sitec are currently looking to recruit an IT Applications Support Specialist for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Overview of Role
To support and maintain high availability of IT application systems utilised by the business to meet expectations, compliance and achieve agreed deliverables to the customer.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Responsibilities as a team member to:-
* Provide 2nd and some 3rd line support to specific applications managed and maintained by the Application Support Team.
* Provide advice, investigation of incidents, identifying and applying fixes.
* Management and monitoring of application performance.
* Undertake daily monitoring and health checks of routine and regular batch or overnight processing.
* Managing system access and undertake auditing activities as required.
* Provide support to project delivery and undertake changes to systems in accordance with defined IT Change and Configuration Management.
* Liaise with other IT teams to ensure service availability as required - DBA, Server Administrators, and Developers.
* Liaise with Senior Users with regard to system access, and system availability.
* Undertake minor application configuration changes.
* Monitor and manage the assignment or resolution of IT Services help desk calls assigned to the Application Support Team Review of processes to enhance services or introduce further efficiencies
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.