Sitec has a requirement for a IP Telephony Engineer for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company in the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Newport. The pay rate for this role is £350-£400 per day LTD Company.
The role of IP Telephony Engineer will require a good working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications suite and also VTC technologies. The position requires a minimum of +5 years' experience within a similar role preferably working in secure environment such as MOD/NATO. The position may require international travel within European NATO countries.
The IP Telephony Engineer will need to leverage their practical design knowledge for implementing Cisco Call Manager to build, integrate and deliver system architecture as directed by the development team lead. These tasks will be against a project work breakdown structure for the development of the Airbus deployable suite of products, and also for the voices architecture on a larger programme. The role is varied and demanding and will require the individual to be proactive in taking the lead for key areas.
The IP Telephony Engineer must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability, and they must have skills in both presentation and customer relations both at a technical and non-technical level. The role includes primarily hands-on implementation tasks, design work in support of the other network engineering staff and the ability to document both design and implementations undertaken.
The current projects will require an awareness of operating voice & collaboration services in both deployed and secured environments and an understanding of enabling security lockdown and controls to allow system accreditation.
The IP Telephony Engineer wil be directly responsible for:
* Execution of Work packages for the project or programme
* Hands on deployment of their UC & VTC technologies
* Fault finding and problem solving
* Supporting other enabling technologies, e.g. certificate services
* Documenting areas of their responsibility, such that it can be reused and repeated
Education & skills
* Educated within computer science or engineering related discipline.
* The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IP Telephony and VTC, specifically within Cisco and preferably Polycom
* Any of the following qualifications would be highly advantageous: CCNA Video Telepresence CCNA Video Network
* 5 years of communications systems management Experience
* Knowledge and administration of backend Video Conferencing platforms. (Cisco/Polycom etc)
* High level of competence in the following: Cisco VOIP (CUCM), Cisco Unified Border Control Element (CUBE), Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence (IMP), Cisco video bridging infrastructure, and Cisco TelePresence
* General knowledge of Unified Communications including integration of Cisco and Microsoft Exchange
* Knowledge of Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business would be beneficial
* Full understanding of network protocols within the TCP suite
* Knowledge of SIP and H323 protocols
* Knowledge of Voice Recording technologies and their support and operation
* A understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments
* Knowledge of telephony to radio integration would be advantageous
* Self-motivated, outgoing personality and comfortable working within a busy team. Experience working with 3rd party suppliers
* Ability to assist developing and present a business case to support the infusion of new technologies and automation to improve infrastructure performance
* Excellence in preparing and delivering written and oral communications to achieve stated objectives
* Ability to identify and sequence actions to achieve goals while mitigating possible risk
* Demonstration by experience the ability to participate in all phases of a Technical development and delivery from initial requirements capture through to in-service operations.
The successful candidate must be eligible for SC level of clearance and will be required to apply for a disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.