Sitec has a requirement for an Inventory Analyst for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 6 months initially and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire.
The Inventory Analyst will be primarily focused on completing projects to achieve higher levels of inventory and availability performance. These projects range from performing basic data analysis and reporting functions to initiating complex data analytics and simulation studies.
Additional projects in this role typically include:
* Root cause analysis and development of corrective actions relating to specific supply chain performance opportunities;
* Complex, multi-region integration projects;
* New business development and support;
* Business system monitoring and support; and,
* Optimizing critical PFEP inventory planning/management parameters.
This role is the backbone for supporting the Material Planning Analyst role in the successful completion of day-to-day material availability and achieving key KPIs for the organization. They are frequently required to collaborate with cross-functional business partners, suppliers and customers to successfully complete project work.
Project leadership and program management are expected of higher level employees in this role. Logistics consultants, technical specialists and supply chain stewards are at the highest level in this role.
SPAN OF ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
* Leading Supply Chain efforts for NPI programs with customers and process partners.
* Performing data mining and analytics to complete detailed RCCAs.
* Identifying best practices and developing standard work for Material Planning Analysts.
* Developing Supply Chain analyst and leader tools and reports.
* Providing training to analysts, suppliers, customers and process partners on Supply Chain tools and processes.
* Leading process improvement, complex integration, Lean BIQ, and systems initiatives involving sources, analysts and process partners to address quality, performance, transportation and logical transaction issues impacting material availability.
* Executing simulation and facility/network modeling studies to optimize critical PFEP inventory management parameters.
* Coordinating Supply Chain efforts in support of development and transformational projects.
* Leading innovation efforts of next generation of Supply Chain analytics, systems, processes and tools.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work and lead projects in an inclusive, team environment.
* Strong language and communication skills for location/region.
* Strong knowledge of computer systems and programming languages.
* Strong knowledge of 6 Sigma, CPS and Lean.
* Supply Chain or Logistics certifications (i.e. APICS, CPS, etc.). College degree in Engineering, IT/IS, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar technical curricula; or, comparable job experience in Supply Chain, Procurement or Logistics.
GSND Capability Alignment
* Supplier Performance Management
* Network Inventory Management
* Inventory Modeling
* Network Analytics & Visualization
* Enterprise Supply Network Optimization
* Customer availability levels
* Supplier shipping performance
* Percent of short-dated supplier collaborations
* Inventory levels and turns
* Project success and plan execution.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.