Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Shipping Coordinator (Inventory Analyst) for our client Caterpillar, in Peterlee County Durham.
The successful candidate will ensure correct application of weights and dimensions to orders for machines and coordinate the shipment of Caterpillar Peterlee prime product, in the most efficient and economical method. This position will report to the Demand Manager.
This is a contract role with an estimated duration up to 13 months. Hourly rates are negotiable dependant on experience, to a maximum of £26 per hour Ltd Co. or £20 per hour PAYE.
Job related statistics
Geographical Responsibility: Global
Primary interface: Operations, Scheduling, Traffic, Dealers, District/Regional Reps
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Analyse machine orders to determine and implement the most efficient and cost effective method of inland and ocean shipment.
* Analyse custom shipping requirements considering due date, width/weight measurements, shipping connections, cost, etc., for orders falling outside standard shipping instructions.
* Be aware of carrier and route restrictions so as not to violate traffic requirements on truck shipments, ensure routes are free of problems (such as oversize loads). Corporate Traffic assistance may be sought for unusual circumstances.
* Maintain packing list information and clearance letters.
* Communicate with shop floor personnel to resolve inaccurate or missing weights and measures. Maintain weights & dimensions database and manually add data for Miscellaneous orders in CMOPS)
* Communicate with plant Planning and Shipping personnel, Corporate Traffic to ensure carrier notifications, carrier acceptances, and issuances of clearance measurement letters have been made for transportation of high and wide shipments.
* Communicate with Corporate machine order analyst to obtain export release for shipment of product. (Code 424)
* Create Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) documentation for all Machine shipments into the United States and EUR documentation for European compliance in order that the Product Group remains compliant with the emissions authorities.
* Provide appropriate certification (dictated by the requirements of the destination country)
* Create and distribute required shipping, emissions & export documentation to support factory shipping schedule, provide follow-up documentation and resolve grief due to changes in shipping arrangements.
* Maintain shipping, emissions and export data and up to date factory shipping dates in CMOPS (Corporate Machine Order Processing System) to ensure timely invoicing and to keep dealers up to date with the latest shipment plans associated with their order.
* Review Bill of Lading related to freight invoice discrepancies and relay information to Corporate Accounts Payable. (When required)
* Receive CMOPS orders with incomplete or undocumented weight/measurement data and make corrections to MSO's to prevent shipment delays and resolve "grief's" which may delay invoicing.
* Identify and resolve discrepancies and potential problems with appropriate Plant Planning, Shipping and Traffic personnel, and input corrections into CMOPS.
* Analyses CMOPS output to ensure data base integrity.
* Create shipping, emissions and export documentation support factory shipping schedule and distribute to appropriate plant and corporate personnel.
* Provide machine order documentation and instructions to import brokers, forwarders and carriers.
* Follow-up with truck and steamship companies to expedite slow deliveries.
* Maintain daily contact with freight carriers/suppliers to discuss shipping schedules.
* Verify Petered Redline report (Prime Product Inventory management), reconcile any grief and perform various associated general clerical functions.
* Respond to shipping related dealer enquiries via DOCS (Dealer Orders Communication System).
* Generate reports as and when required.
* Provide basic order management support in the absence of the Order Analyst.
* For large, urgent or complex deals coordinate hauliers and vessels to ensure delivery is planned in accordance with dealer & customer requirements ensuring the most efficient routes are selected and that unnecessary duties and fines are avoided.
* Manage the plant shipment plan in a manner that supports CSD (Committed Ship Date) targets and falls within the published PSL (Product Service Level) ranges. Must ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley rules.
* Product knowledge, manufacturing and shipping knowledge as it relates to prime product, all requirements of transportation of machines, CMOPS, factory materials and inventory systems.
* Proficient in the use of personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Educated to A Level or with 3 years administrative/operational experience in a deadline driven environment.
* Build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
* Work accurately, reliably and consistently to demanding and tight daily deadlines
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.