Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Integration Architect for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The posts are for estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Our client are currently in the process of modernising both its business and secure working environments. In the OFFICIAL space this will allow the company to take advantage of the opportunities offered by Microsoft Azure for integration between Microsoft's 365 SaaS products, other commercial SaaS products and on-premise applications. In its higher security environments, the work is focused on introducing and exploiting private cloud equivalents.
The Integration Architect is a key role, liaising with and influencing projects, technology and business stakeholders.
* The Integration Architect will report to the Application Development Team Lead.
* The Integration Architect will liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation
* The Integration Architect will also liaise with the IS Applications Support team
* The Integration Architect will also liaise with external vendor support teams.
* The Integration Architect will also liaise with internal stakeholders providing support and guidance for new Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
* Collaboration with the Company's business and technology teams to analyse, design, document and validate business process and data requirements, data quality needs, and other API and data source requirements for our Line Of Business services.
* Collaboration with Technical Architects, engineering function and developers on API designs, logical data models and designs, physical data and metadata models required in support of the business architecture.
* Determination of event and messaging integration requirements with REST/SOAP services between applications.
* Determination of data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between applications; ensuring interoperability of applications with database and data warehouse/data mart environments.
* Define and manage the API architecture used across the company's OFFICIAL working environment.
* Ensuring API and Data exposure designs align with the company's business strategies.
* Drive and influence strategic Information Management approach and guidance for Business Teams including API Management, Data Stewardship, Data Quality Management and Master Data Management
* Advising Stakeholders with strategic guidance related to API Management, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence and Data Integration
* Ability to design security policies, define principles, security controls and measures and design to prevent security threats, mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities
* Proficient in preparing and reviewing technical solution designs, ability to closely collaborate with system engineers ensuring solutions are developed to expectations and best practice
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required or equivalent industry experience.
* Proficient in designing integration solutions, requiring an understanding of the following:
* Integration Architecture (Serverless, Event Driven, Service Oriented, Data Driven)
* Microsoft IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings
* Microsoft iPaaS integration functionality; Integration Services plus services such as Function Apps, Cosmos Db, Cognitive Services.
* Microsoft data functionality; Data Factory, SSIS, Power BI, Data Lake, Databricks, Machine Learning, etc.
* Reliability, High Availability and Scaling options
* Specific knowledge of the Microsoft environment in respect of the above infrastructure components
* Experienced in setting up API and data governance
* Familiar with ALM requirements, both as applied to integration solutions, and in the broader DevOps processes, specifically Azure DevOps.
* Expert in designing to meet non-functional requirements, balancing such constraints as availability, performance and recoverability.
* Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
* A proven track record in a business aware Senior IT architecture role.
* Experience of developing and implementing integration platforms and architectures in a dynamic environment.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.