Our client a blue chip multinational oil refining and chemical manufacturing company (Fawley Refinery) are looking to engage a Project Instrumentation Engineer to work on a variety of field instrumentation and control projects. (Projects ranging from plant improvement to brownfield plant expansion).
This client facing role is very much a long term contract position (initially 12 months) paying competitively, rate available upon enquiry.
Responsible for providing specialist engineering, technical and safety orientated support in matters relating to instrumentation equipment and operation. The key responsibilities are to:
Provide specialist instrument engineering advice and recommendations on day to day matters in areas ranging from field equipment to complex protective systems.
Support the development of site wide instruments and associated equipment, such as protective systems and machinery monitoring.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold an engineering degree in instrument engineering, or an equivalent subject.
- Be, or be working towards being, a Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council or equivalent.
- Have relevant instrument engineering experience in an operational environment, preferably at a COMAH facility in the refining or petrochemical sector (five years+ as a guide). Candidates with less than five years experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered.
- Have strong IT skills, specifically being an experienced and competent user of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- Sizing and selection of field equipment such as flow, pressure, temperature and level equipment
- Sizing and selection of control valves along with the requirements of PED
- Technical drawings such as loop drawings, P&IDs, logic diagrams, technical manuals & Cause & Effect diagrams
- The maintenance requirements for instrumentation to ensure long term reliability
- ATEX for hazardous areas
- IEC 61508/61511.
- SIL Assessments and SIL calculations (full life cycle)
- Understanding of PLCs and their application in the process control sector
- Machinery monitoring equipment and its application, experience with Bently Nevada systems an advantage
- Control systems such as Schneider, GE Mk V etc
- Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
I look forward to receiving your application and to discussing further.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.