Sitec are currently recruiting for our client; Cavendish Nuclear for an Inspector at their site in Daresbury, Cheshire. This is a contract roles for an estimated 6 months initially.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A position with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
Main Duties of the Inspector:
* Reviewing and accepting sub-contractors ITP's.
* Monitoring progress of QCP's / ITP's and associated LTR's (data dossiers).
* Liaising with suppliers on work packages.
* Attending progress meetings; both external and internal.
* Attending supply chain kick off meetings to ensure all parties are aware of the requirements.
* Inspects parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies in line with engineering drawings, the quality management system and any special customer requirement.
* Responsible for ensuring all parts inspected are done so accurately and all measurements are recorded and retained in line with policy.
* Carry out inspection duties across all areas of the manufacturing and supply chain process.
* Identify and report Non Conformance's as per Company procedure.
* Completes, inspects and distributes all quality records and documents and ensures 100% traceability.
* Support Project and Suppliers (proactive /mentoring).
* In put into project line of sight meetings.
* Final review of supply chain LTR's (data dossiers).
* Support project with NCR's.
* Other ad-hoc duties as required.
* Minimum 5 years' experience working within the Nuclear sector and familiar with our quality and manufacturing standards. * Completed an apprenticeship in manufacturing.
* Been involved in the manufacture, assembly and testing of turnkey specialised mechanical assemblies.
* Dealt with multiple sub-contractors and the coordination that this entails.
* Shall be conversant with quality planning and the use of manufacturing Quality Plans and Inspection Test Plans. Preferred
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Ability to inspect, test and examin products and interpret results.
* Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering detail drawings and accurately measure components.
* Numerical skills, ability to work with figures, make measurement calculations.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, and both internally and externally.
* Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
* Ability to work within tight time scales whilst maintaining quality standards.
* Ability to apply industry and quality standards in relation to all duties undertaken.
* Organisational skills * Working knowledge of ISO 9000 Standards and work procedures /standards compliance
* Knowledge of techniques for inspection, testing and examination.
In additional to this the candidate shall also hold the following minimum qualifications to enable supporting this role:
* Weld Inspection - CSWIP 3.1 or PCN level 2 WI.
It would be advantageous if they also hold;
* NDT qualifications - minimum of 2 (PT, MT, RAD, UT) to PCN level 2
* Painting certificate - level 2 in either NACE, CSWIP or ICORR
Successful applicants for the Inspector role will be required to be security screened to BPSS level and obtain a Basic check certificate.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.