Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Infrastructure Architect for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The Infrastructure Architect is a key member of the Companies IS Modernisation technical solution architecture team with responsibility across both the OFFICIAL and above OFFICIAL, high security environments. The main focus of this role will be designing and implementing new capabilities within the business from a number of different stakeholder groups across a large portfolio of projects.
The Business IS strategy includes Cloud First and Mobile First with the intention of updating existing Line of Business applications to cloud equivalents over the next 3 years. The most likely scenario being a hybrid-cloud architecture with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus on-premise hosting for any system that cannot be migrated to the cloud.?
In addition to the technical aspects of this role, this position will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers.
It is expected that role will encompass the initial design setup and deployment of new solutions followed by the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support
* The Principal Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation's entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
* The Principal Domain Architect contributes to the definition of the organisation's technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns for IT infrastructure and provides technical advice and guidance in support of its implementation. This role also provides technical leadership on a set of IT delivery projects as part of a complex programme.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns.
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests.
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects;
- Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements.
- Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions.
- Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions.
- Own and deliver the Design Control Plan and lead the technical design reviews.
* Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation's IT infrastructure.
* Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
- Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure.
- Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisation's strategic partners and key suppliers.
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF.
* A bachelor's degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience.
* Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
* Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
* Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
* Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena
* Is able to work under-pressure to get the job done
* Is able to effectively influence people to follow process
* Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion.
* Proactively solves problems encountered
* Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks.
* Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner.
* Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
* Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
* Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
* Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the 'big picture'; but attending to detail where required
* Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
* Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
* Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice
* An understanding of good Information Management
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.