Sitec are currently looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Architect for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated 6-12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Our client is currently in the process of modernising both its business and secure working environments. In the OFFICIAL space this will allow our client to take advantage of the opportunities offered by Microsoft Office 365 for external collaborations, public cloud computing capabilities and other commercial SaaS products. In its higher security environments, the work is focussed on introducing and exploiting private cloud equivalents.
The Infrastructure Architect (Workplace Services) is a key member of our clients IS Modernisation technical solution architecture team with responsibility across both the OFFICIAL and above OFFICIAL, high security environments. The main focus of this role will be designing and implementing new service capabilities to meet emerging business demand especially with regard to Windows 10 devices, mobile devices (iOS and Android) and their associated system management tools.
In addition to the technical aspects of this role, this position will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers.
It is expected that role will encompass the initial design setup and deployment of new solutions followed by the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
The Infrastructure Architect (Workplace Services) will:
* report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect
* liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation Programme.
* liaise with the IT/Infrastructure operations team
* liaise with the Application Support team
* liaise with external vendor support teams.
* liaise with internal stakeholders providing support and guidance for new projects.
Main roles and responsibilities
* Lead the design of desktop and infrastructure pattern solution to meet business requirements
* Create documentation around the setup and implementation of those design patterns
* Lead the implementation of Desktop and Infrastructure solutions for new patterns or products
* Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
* Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of Infrastructure artefacts throughout the programme
* Contribute to the development of policies, standards, best practices and organisational capability
* Act as an escalation point / SME for Workplace Services technical issues and decisions
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required or equivalent industry experience.
* Professional qualifications / Microsoft Certifications
* Broad project lifecycle experience - especially in enterprise environments
* Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage and database services
* Hands-on experience with Microsoft System Centre and Intune deployment and management services.
* A good understanding of all security features and tools that Microsoft provides and how they relate to traditional services
* Proven design, planning and implementation experience with on-premise and cloud hosting environments.
* Understanding of network technologies as they relate to Azure Cloud services
* Strong experience with virtualisation technologies including Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop.
* Design, planning and implementation experience with Windows 10 deployment technologies
* Technical design experience with Microsoft Windows 10 and the application of NCSC Security Policies
* Infrastructure planning, integration and deployment
* Awareness of Microsoft licensing models
* Well-developed communication skills
* Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
* Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services)
* Experience designing for disaster recovery
* ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
Capabilities and other qualities
* Able to work independently
* Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
* Good client presentation skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.