Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Information Specialist for an MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, Dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
Our client is currently recruiting for an Information Specialist to support the MOD and their Ihub to protect and exploit physical and electronic information assets through the management, support and delivery of information and record management plans and services for the area of responsibility.
To manage and deliver centralised familiarisation training in support of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
This role is supporting the MOD so a military background in information management and systems would be advantageous.
- This roles requires sound technical skills and knowledge of the current EDMS for project and operational facilities.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with users and stakeholders at all levels across the business are key.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the user facing communications and information regarding developments with the EDMS.
- Develop and manage the departmental (Meridian) SharePoint Site, utilising the latest technologies to enhance collaboration and communication with Stakeholders.
- Provide technical EDMS support and guidance to end-users covering Projects and Operations, and the teams who manage the day to day running of the EDMS.
- They will work closely with the EDMS technical specialists and subject matter experts to enhance and exploit the EDMS to enable efficiencies and enhanced ways of working.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the timely handover of datasets from Projects to Operations, ensuring information is processed in accordance with current working practices and procedures.
- Appropriate qualifications in information management or proven application of significant knowledge and experience.
- To support the Senior Information Specialist to protect and exploit physical and electronic information assets through the management, support and delivery of information and records management plans and services for the area of responsibility.
- To manage and deliver centralised familiarisation training in support of Electronic document management systems (EDMS).
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent - Essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.