Sitec has a requirement for an Industrialisation Lead Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months.
JOB SUMMARY - DELIVERABLES
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the role of Industrialisation Lead Engineer will be responsible for defining and steering the industrialisation of production lines for the shop floor (Lean Layout & Processes, Workbenches, Machines, Digitalisation)
Acting as Lead Engineer, main deliverables are:-
* Primarily To define and steer the industrialisation of production line for the shop floor (Lean Layout & Processes, Workbenches, Machines, Digitalisation)
* Secondary, act as Lead Engineer:- To provide leadership for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products based on robust inputs, processes and procedures, for implementation into production.
* As the project focal point, the Lead Engineer defines the production schedule, identifies opportunities from manufacturing experience and sets out daily priorities for the operations teams.
* A dynamic and essential role that deals with daily challenges, changing priorities and resolving blocking actions to ensure schedule adherence, yet, maintaining quality and costs.
* Lead/co-ordinate a team of engineers, offering technical advice and guidance with respect to the product flow
* Liaise with management over manpower and budgets as necessary
* Drive the ideal that AIT Engineering are the technical authority internally and externally for manufacture
* To flow new initiatives and ideas to those within the process teams and ensure subsequent feedback to process owners
* Lead industrialisation projects
* Establish layout for the production line based on existing work, value stream mapping, and other initiatives
* Redefine layout as required with focus on industrialisation
* To provide regular feedback to management on current progress, workings and issues on behalf of their team
Customisation / Preparation Phase Responsibilities:
* Co-ordinate Product/Process Owner(s) responsibilities for inputs into the generic schedule.
* Product manufacturing flow and area layout definition
* Generic Sequence / VPB (IPS) Maintenance (Overall Build for Project) - Process Improvement, Maintenance, Lessons Learned, customisation as required.
* Attending and/or supporting all meetings / reviews relating to the products manufacture ensuring support is in place where required, taking any appropriate actions, relating to development, planning, or manufacture.
* Attend inputs preparation meeting to define and ensure KIDs for product / project are fit for Manufacture (DFM)
* Manage the creation of all documentation, liaising with the process owners to provide a scheduled requirement.
* Define the manufacturing sequence based on experience and CAIT specific knowledge to optimise the overall Product / Project schedule in Primavera P6 (agree structure of PBOMs to ensure this is efficient for AIT need)
* Liaison with relevant stakeholders / areas to ensure best practice on process in design and manufacture.
Operations Phase Responsibilities:
* The Lead Engineer is the AIT point of contact for the project.
* Manage costs for the project and provide inputs to monthly cost reviews, as well as contributing to Customisation Close Out (CCO)
* Provide timely feedback to appropriate managers on process engineering issues.
* Drive and continuously monitor the Manufacturing Production schedule to ensure the timely delivery and optimum sequence for manufacture VPB to P6 durations.
* Attend and define daily priorities for operations team at the daily meetings (SQCDP), including optimisation of task lists for the following day.
* Appreciation of manufacturing techniques eg. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the aerospace industry
* Use of Windchill, SAP, P6, IPS, 3D live or other ERP System
* Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
* Lean, Six Sigma projects, Layout definition, product implementation
* Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
* Managing a multi-disciplined team during investigations and initiatives
* Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
* Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical engineering and systems, including but not limited to: Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
* Production planning.
* Support to operations.
* A background in an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
* High level mechanical skills and relevant experience.
* Procedures and process control.
* Team working and team leading skills.
* Practical and proactive.
* Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* Good planning skills and process competence (MRP system experience an advantage).
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Previous experience of aerospace structures and build requirements is a distinct advantage.
Education & Training
* Minimum HNC level in a Mechanical discipline (or lesser qualification if a high level of relevant experience can be demonstrated in the required disciplines).
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.