Sitec has an interesting opportunity for a Hydraulics Engineer to work on New Product Introduction (NPI) with our client, Caterpillar Perkins, on-site at Desford in south Leicestershire. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months initially, expected to be ongoing.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE - HYDRAULICS ENGINEER
The successful candidate will have excellent hydraulics experience, preferably with mobile hydraulic systems, i.e. vehicle hydraulics.
He / she will have experience of:
* Load sensing systems
* Power management systems
* Fault diagnosis of fluid power systems
* The ability to Capture Data, Analyse that Data and inform the various departments of the performance requirements needed.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The candidate will have a flexible approach regarding the need to be office based but also recognise the need to work within a Test yard environment with a hands on approach to a test vehicle.
* Working knowledge of mobile hydraulic systems
* Understanding of control theory and application on the above
* Component knowledge of Pumps, Valves, connectors etc.
* Ability to get on a machine, understand what's right and what could be better - then sit in cross functional meetings and explain in layman's terms the benefits of the best long term solution.
Desirable experience includes :
* Knowledge of Creo CAD systems,
* FMEA from a design perspective,
* Off-Highway vehicle experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.