Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking Mechanical Fitters for Hydraulic Equipment Maintenance, working on Ships and Submarines. You will be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
The role of the Hydraulic Maintenance Fitter
Must have served a recognised Apprenticeship and have Level 3 engineering qualification.
- Undertake installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of Ship and Submarine Hydraulic equipment.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
Experience in overhauling various Hydraulic Equipment including actuators, control blocks, valves, operating cylinders and accumulators.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arising's.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.