Sitec has a requirement for a Human Resources Consultant our client CATERPILLAR. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterlee. The hourly rate will be between £30.00 to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience)
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Human Resources Consultant will provide a comprehensive range of HR support to departments, managers and staff across the Peterlee facility whilst maintaining utmost confidentiality.
This support includes consultation and advice on areas such as recruitment, selection, appointment, issues relating to the maintenance of conditions of employment, employee relations issues, driving engagement, implementing HR transformation activities and providing professional communications.
The Human Resources Consultant will report to the Employee Services Manager, who in turn reports to the HR Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT
Employee Relations & Performance Management
- Advise on such issues as per defined support areas
- Develop and maintain good relationships with all employees, JCC and Trade Union representatives in order to encourage and promote good employee relations at all times, assisting where appropriate with issues/problems raised as and when appropriate
- Partner with investigation officers and hearing managers to ensure internal investigations are fully compliant with legislation, policies and achieve best practice
- Provide advice and support to Managers dealing with grievances and other employee relations matters
Attraction, Recruitment & Selection
- Partner with Shared Services recruiter to lead selection activity on site, actively managing the process to meet agreed timescales.
- Liaise with managers to fill vacancies, supporting the approval process through to managing assessment centres and interviews.
- Support and advise managers on change management programmes e.g. TUPE, redundancy, restructuring
- Work with managers and team leaders to co-ordinate action plans on change management ensuring all change programmes are achieved in accordance with project plans
- Coach managers and team leaders through periods of change and identify opportunities to fully maximise people resources
- Run workshops on people management issues including harassment, absence, disciplinary and related issues
Policies, Procedures & Processes
- Act as the first point of contact for queries coming into the HR Department
- Ensure managers understand and consistently apply the appropriate HR policies and procedures as required for e.g. disciplinary, capability, grievance, performance & development review
- Ensure the integrity of all HR processes, systems and documentation in accordance with legislation, best practice and organisational requirements
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Work with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of employees is consistently applied in accordance with legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- Work with the Occupational Health Department to provide appropriate support to employees
- Provide advice and support to Managers dealing with absence
- Drive improvements in absence management through home visits with absent employees and delivery of absence workshops for Managers.
Service Delivery & Information
- Ensure a professional and value added HR service is provided at all times
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice, ensuring on-going CPD requirements are met
- Build and maintain relationships with external bodies, e.g. CIPD, NENE
- Keep informed of external developments in the field of Human Resources and adopt best practices developing self in order to maximise professional competence and personal contribution to the role
- Collate and report monthly HR management information using KPI spreadsheet
- Provide accurate HR reporting information to support decision making
- Support rollout of E.O.S. advising managers in relevant areas of results, best practice for action planning, drive accountability matrix and ensure end to end E.O.S. planning and implementation cycle is followed through.
Please note, for a full and comprehensive list of duties, contact the relevant Sitec Recruitment Consultant
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Able to advise staff on the entire spectrum of HR
- Interest in HR personal development and understanding of the nature of the work.
- Understanding the need for HR being customer service focused
- Ability to work effectively with trade unions
- Experience of advising on HR Policies and Procedures and up to date knowledge of Employment law
- Experience of operating HR systems and procedures
- Experience of working to deadlines in a pressurised environment with constant interruptions
- Good IT skills. A working knowledge of Windows (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to wide range of people at all levels
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Degree in Business, HR Management
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.