Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Human Factors Specialist for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
To lead the Human Factors input to the design and assessment of the Companies facilities and processes relating to production and research operations to improve system performance and reliability
through the application of user-centred design and assessment.
* Support the Company's Human Factors Lead Technical Authority and the management of the Human Factors Discipline to ensure timely and proportionate Human Factors input to project design and assurance activities.
* Lead Human Factors knowledge awareness and dissemination (e.g. through liaison with other organisations across industry, leading Human Factors exchange programmes, running Human Factors training and awareness events).
* Lead the production of Human Factors assessments and other technical inputs to the design process and to safety justifications for a range of facilities including radioactive, explosives and chemical plant.
* Prepare, maintain and develop company-wide Human Factors standards, related procedures and work instructions.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
* Provide an Intelligent Customer interface with Regulators at a project level.
* Provide subject matter expertise to Design and Peer review.
* Promote Human Factors Review Learn and Improve.
* Lead the production of Human Factors assessments and other technical inputs to the design process and to safety cases and safety documentation for a range of facilities including radioactive, explosives and chemical plant.
* Develop and implement the company's corporate human factors guidance.
* Develop and deliver Human Factors training material.
* Provide internal Human Factors consultancy.
* Lead Human Factors research relating to the company's activities.
* Develop relationships with external resource providers.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Work effectively with others towards common goals
* Demonstrate flexibility & adaptability in dealing with changes
* Strive towards providing service excellence
* Ability to lead small teams
* Is able to engage with & influence decision makers
* Plan & manage own work
* Good levels of numeracy and literacy
* Good communication skills with staff at all levels
* Good report writing skills
* Good presentation skills (technical presentations and lecture/training skills)
* Competent in areas of knowledge/data acquisition and evaluation skills
* Experience in the field of human factors assessment for high hazard processes
* Experience of applying human factors methods in a dynamic, multidiscipline
* Higher education qualification in relevant science or engineering discipline.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.