Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval and Marine Industry and are seeking a Human Factors (HF) Engineer to be based in their offices/Manufacturing facility in Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months plus.
Role of the Human Factors Engineer:
To support to the Dreadnought Weapon Handling and Launch System (WHLS) and Submerged Signal Ejectors (SSE) projects as required for the HF assessment of equipment against the contractual requirements.
Responsibilities of the Human Factors Engineer:
* Provide HF & Operability support to our clients Design Teams.
* Conduct HF assessments of Dreadnought WHLS & SSE equipment.
* Assess Equipment against customer supplied contractual HF Checklists and other applicable legislation, standards and guidance.
* Define clear communication channels with the design teams and the customer to exchange information effectively.
* Coordinate the efforts of the design teams with respect to Human Factors and ensure operability of equipment.
* Represent our client at reviews, working groups, and query meetings with the customer, both in Bristol and at the customer's site.
* Encourage the application of ergonomic and HF good practice to the design of equipment and systems.
* Originate and Maintain HF & Operability documentation such as Operability Demonstration Plan, HF Issues Log and Forward Action Plan
* Originate HF assessments for WHLS & SSE Equipment
* Originate HF assessment report deliverables and issue to the customer.
* Setup, conduct and report on Operability Demonstrations.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
The Human Factors Engineer will be:
* Be a Chartered Member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (or eligible to be a member).
* Be proficient in documenting decisions and HF activities.
* Be eligible for UK security clearance to SC level.
The HF Engineer would be expected to have:
* Logical and pragmatic problem solving abilities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* The ability to work autonomously and use initiative.
It would be beneficial if the HF Engineer:
* Has experience of working in the Defence Sector.
* Possess knowledge of WHLS & SSE systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.