Sitec are currently looking to recruit a HR Service Development Manager to cover maternity leave for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an initial 6 month contract or fixed term contract with the possibility of being extended to 12 months and is paying competitively up to £40.00 - £50.00 per hour on a Ltd / Umbrella basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Overall Job Purpose
Lead the development, implementation and improvement of HR processes and services across the function, ensuring that services are meeting the needs of business customers. Drive process engagement, so that HR and the business understand process activities and can realise their benefits. Ensure process compliance and a culture of continuous improvement.
Summary of Key Responsibilities describes what are the tasks or activities an individual is expected to deliver
§ Ensure accurate documentation and process manuals are designed and maintained for all HR processes, in collaboration with the HRIS Manager, individual policy and process owners. Work with policy owners and other HR team members to effectively operationalise policy and put in place the necessary guidelines, procedures, local work instructions and HR knowledgebase.
§ Deliver and manage HR related documentation (hard copy and electronic) so that it is retained in compliance with data privacy regulations, including oversight of the archiving process.
§ Ensure processes are compliant (with regard to legal, regulatory and internal requirements) and delivered against measures of quality.
§ Put in place an effective change control process to manage the ongoing development of HR services / processes in response to business needs. Support governance and resource planning to ensure the supply of resources / services meets the business demand for great people leaders.
§ Regularly review performance to identify and resolve issues and drive improvements. Identify, analyse and report on trends in order to inform appropriate HR and business strategies.
§ Identify potential risks, issues and opportunities associated with HR service delivery. Work proactively with others in the organisation to mitigate risk and realise opportunities.
§ Deal with escalated issues from within HR Operations, Centres of Expertise and other HR colleagues and ensure their timely resolution.
§ Monitor trends and ensure process issues are identified and resolved, working proactively with others in HR and the wider organisation.
§ Support the design, development and implementation of new technologies, enabling the service delivery teams to manage process and service changes.
§ Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing process and service best practice into the organisation.
§ Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
Qualifications and / or professional memberships
* Good standard of general education, with proven literacy and numeracy.
* CIPD qualified.
* Lean six sigma or equivalent.
* Prince 2 or equivalent.
* Graduate or equivalent.
* Project management and internal consulting skills underpinned by strong analytical capabilities.
* Fluent in the development and use of metrics.
* Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
* Knowledge of HRIS, SaaS solutions and bespoke HR applications.
* Design and implementation of HR SLAs and KPIs.
* Experience of business process design, process mapping, problem solving and decision making.
* Proven experience as a Project Manager within the HR sector.
* Combined skills and experience in hands on HR service delivery & HR process improvement.
* Broad generalist HR experience.
* Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy.
* Detailed knowledge of data protection laws and regulations, in particular data retention.
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.