Sitec are currently looking to recruit an HR Payroll Lead for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment
To lead a team of HR system, data and process professionals in the delivery of HR services to the business -managing the delivery of team activities; providing the relevant technical expertise; ensuring that services are meeting customers' needs and creating a culture of continuous improvement and process optimisation.
- Lead the HR functional activities required to ensure the implementation, maintenance and ongoing provision of a fit for purpose Software as a Service (SaaS) HRIS which meets the requirements of the business and is developed to maximise the effective use of modern HR technology in the business.
- To support the implementation of the companies Data Management Strategy through the production and maintenance of Data Standards, working with the Architecture team to ensure a content and solutions architecture is implemented that delivers maximum business benefit.
- Deliver effective HR services for our business by utilising and enhancing the existing systems abilities and functionality to build simple and effective processes.
- Setting direction and developing a shared understanding of individuals' roles in delivering the companies vision and strategy.
- Enabling the performance and results of the team. Making sure that team members have the capabilities to get the work done now and in the future.
- Lead, coach and develop the team at a local level to achieve objectives to time, cost and quality.
- Lead the successful delivery of effective HR services and end-to-end processes for HR.
- Lead the development and delivery of HR analytics and insights, system administration and support.
- Create appropriate content to enable delivery of employee communications for annual events
- Provide expert advice on master data management.
- Collaborate with IS and third-party providers to coordinate upgrades or fixes to the SaaS HR systems. Lead the functional review, testing and implementation of regular upgrades and company driven changes.
- Collaborate with other HRIS users (Payroll, Finance, Security etc) to ensure ongoing integrity of the HRIS and effective integration with other systems/applications as appropriate.
- Motivate and develop HR professionals within the team to implement and manage straightforward and flexible HR processes and systems.
- Be the gatekeeper for HR systems, data & processes, ensuring consistency, standardisation, alignment and integration across HR, with effective hand-offs to other functions.
- Regularly review individual and team performance, identify and resolve issues and drive improvements in line with expectations.
- Deal with escalated issues from within HR Operations, CoEs and other HR colleagues and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage a personal case load and/or projects, drawing on relevant expertise to resolve complex issues.
- Identify potential risks, issues and opportunities associated with the delivery of service in the function. Work proactively with colleagues across the organisation to mitigate risk and realise opportunities.
Essential: Management experience, Project management experience, HR systems experience, Data experience, payroll experience, payroll implementation experience
Desirable: Oracle Payroll experience, Workday compensation experience, workday payroll experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.