Sitec has a requirement for our client based in Aztec West, Bristol. The HR Assistant will be required to provide a complete HR administrative service in support of the UKMA HR team, across all aspects of the HR function.
This is a contract position, expected to be for an initial 12 weeks.
Main Tasks of the HR Assistant
* To assist with employee administration in conjunction with with the Shared Service Centre; including new starters, leavers and ensuring all information is completed accurately, efficiently and effectively.
* Support the maintenance of the HR system; liaising with the Shared Service Centre in the administration of new starters, leavers, employee updates and absence reporting.
* Assist in the administration of obtaining security clearances and DBS application to ensure that the Company complies with its contractual obligations with the agreed timelines.
* Provide support to the recruitment administration process.
* Provide correct and timely advice to managers and employees acting as the front line for queries on basic matters regarding payroll, holiday and HR policies.
* Collate the monthly payroll amendments data, including overtime, salary changes, new starters and leavers. Ensure all data is accurately entered and processed within the deadlines for monthly payroll.
* Undertake sample checking of payrolls within the Aviation centre sector on a monthly basis to ensure data accuracy.
* Assist in the monitoring of employee sickness absence levels.
* Responsible for the Milestone tracker and ovation awards, including producing and issuing letters as required.
* Liaise with third parties to ensure a smooth HR service - Pensions, Shares, Flexible Benefits, BUPA, Occupational Health.
* Provide an efficient and effective filing service in support of the HR function.
* Monitor completion of probation periods.
* Maintenance of all personnel files and the filing of documents within the HR department in accordance with legislation.
* Assist in the co-ordination of the annual pay review, bonus scheme, appraisal and performance management review administration - producing letters and documentation where required.
* Where required assist the HR Team in disciplinary and grievance procedures, including taking and producing accurate minutes for meetings. Where knowledge, experience and circumstances allow, the HR Administrator may also represent HR when administering the first stages of formal proceedings
* Undertake projects in support of the HR function as directed by the HR Advisor.
* Behave in an appropriate manner to ensure the environment is one where the principles of Digity and Respect are observed and adopted by management and staff at all levels.
* Exhibit a personal commitment to the Company's health, safety and environmental procedures, ensuring they are implemented and respected at all times
Technical Experience and Qualifications
* Experience of operational, day to day HR activities, at an assistant
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (including Mathematics and English)
* The desire to work towards gaining CPP qualification or equivalent.
* Previous HR/Payroll/Recruitment administration service.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
* Excellent attention to detail with ability to deliver accurate and timely quality of work.
* Demonstrates resilience in challenging situations and can adapt their approach to fit the issue
* Displays credibility and integrity in all tasks undertaken to guarantee the confidence and buy in of all major stakeholders
* Articulate, with excellent interpersonal skills and able to relate to all levels of understanding
* Use a range of analytical tools, personal experience and management information to develop an understanding of what's happening in the organisation and externally considering the bigger picture at all times
* Actively observe the confidential and sensitive nature of issues and data handled within the HR function
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.