Sitec are currently recruiting for a HR Advisor for our client based in Bristol, this is a temporary position for an estimated 6 months initially.
We currently have an opportunity for an HR Advisor working within Defence Systems Technology, part of our clients Marine Sector.
As an effective communicator, you will be able to quickly build relationships at all levels to enable you to deliver the required support. We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate previous HR experience in a similar environment. A good understanding of employment law is essential, as is the ability to prioritise your workload and be comfortable working both reactively and proactively as the need arises.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Strategic HR Business Partner in developing and driving people plans.
- Ensuring the operational success of your business areas, working closely alongside local senior site management.
- Providing coaching and support to the local management team for performance management and development.
- Providing guidance on HR policies and processes, supporting employees and managers to apply people policies consistently and fairly.
- Involvement in matters of employee relations, including disciplinary, attendance and grievance issues.
- Supporting with recruitment and selection activity.
- Ensuring all elements of HR administration are carried out by the HR Administration Team - e.g. starters, leavers, referencing, security and compliance checks, etc.
- Collecting, collating and analysing data to spot potential opportunities and risks for the organisation and to assist with MI reporting.
- Focusing on delivering flawless process and relevant, timely and accurate advice and data to support function operations plan.
- Maintaining relevant employment documentation, ensuring all contractual/legal documents and templates are kept up to date and in line with current legislation.
- Ensuring that all activity relating to the employment life cycle is consistent and in line with legislation.
- Recognising own accountability and authority level for handling inquiries.
- Tracking case management performance against SLAs.
- Responsibility for various ad-hoc HR and administrative tasks.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- An appropriate degree (or equivalent).
- Significant experience working in an HR Advisory role.
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. Associate CIPD level).
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Excellent employee relations knowledge.
- Experience within an engineering/ manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Trade Union experience is desirable.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.