Sitec has a requirement for a HIL Engineer for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and will be based in Stevenage. The max pay rate for this role is £40.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Our client has a requirement for a HIL Engineer - the suitable candidate will be expected to be experienced in hardware and Real Time Simulators.
JOB AIM/ DESCRIPTION
The Checkout Systems division comprises departments in UK, France and Germany. The division provides a central competence for Simulator development, on-board SW testing & engineering SW product development for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment.
Within the simulator domain, our client is responsible for developing and maintaining real-time simulators for use on test benches with hardware in the loop for the functional validation of satellite and/or rovers:
* Verification of the Guidance Navigation and Control algorithms and performance in closed loop,
* Development and validation of the on-board SW and AIT procedures,
* Validation of the spacecraft functional chains and subsystems HW/SW interfaces during the AIT campaigns.
In Stevenage, where this role is based, the simulator team supports Earth Observation, Navigation & Science missions such as Exomars rover and Biomass.
Our client is looking for an experienced engineer with excellent technical skills in C++ & Java and demonstrated experience in real-time simulation/test rig development to complement our existing team. As an experienced engineer you will contribute to the development of existing/next generation of functional real-time simulators as well as support end-users with existing simulators functionality (training and bug fixes).
The main technical activities include: technical requirements analysis, software design and implementation, system integration, testing with hardware in the loop and deployment to end-users. The simulator is developed in C++ in a Linux environment, with Java used as the test language.
The project involves transnational activities across all simulators departments in the UK, France and Germany. As part of your role you should be able to travel occasionally for short periods within Europe. This role reports to the Project Manager and the FVI Team Leader.
Real-Time Simulators - Required Experience
* Experience in development and testing of real-time simulators (preferably in the aerospace domain)
* Very good knowledge of C++ and Java
* Good knowledge of Bash and/or Python
* Expert knowledge of the Linux OS and Eclipse SDE
* Able to manually handle fragile electronics equipment
* No physical / health constraints against working in the cleanroom environment
Software Development Methodologies/Tools - Required Experience
* Knowledge and thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
* Experience with source code management using SVN/GIT (branching, merging, vendor branch etc.)
* Experience with bug-tracking systems (i.e. Redmine or other)
* Experience with Continuous Integration methods and associated tools/technologies (Jenkins)
* Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) using junit would be beneficial
Additional skills which would be beneficial:
* Knowledge of Spacecraft avionics systems
* Knowledge of one or more of the following data protocols (SpaceWire, MilSTD 1553, ECSS PUS, CAN)
* Knowledge of ECSS standards
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
* Well organised and able to work independently on complex tasks and see them through completion
* Able to operate effectively under pressurised project constraints
* Able to learn quickly and able/willing to work with legacy software
* Logical mindset, strong problem solving skills with ability to think through issues end to end
* Proactive in raising issues, proposing solutions
* Able to understand and express complex software designs/architecture
* Able to work with varied engineering teams and adapt communication style to audience
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level (with a Disclosure Scotland) clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.