Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for a Health and Safety Trainer. This is a contract role based at our Client's site in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. With an estimated duration of 6 months initially, this is an ideal role for a qualified Health and Safety person with experience in H&S and training delivery. You should have effective presentation and facilitation skills, experience in a Construction / Engineering environment would be advantageous but not essential.
Devonport Royal Dockyard is working on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. It is the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
We are seeking a Health and safety Trainer who will provide quality and professional conventional Health and Safety training to our client's staff, fixed term workers and authorised contract staff with the goal of preventing incidents at work.
You will achieve this by;
Provide professional training to employees with a wide range of experience, predominantly within the Health and Safety discipline, all training to be delivered to a professional standard.
Provide SME support for the routine review and amendment of training courseware - ensure H&S training is delivered to comply with current UK regulations.
To conduct administration and reporting activities associated with the delivery of training and otherwise conducted by the Head of SHEF Enabling Services.
To maintain standards set by legislation & best practice to ensure training delivery compliance.
- Take responsibility for assigned courseware ensuring content is up to date, presented professionally and all the quality documentation is updated. Ensure courseware revisions are tracked on a course ASPEC, training content is secure, & consistent course content is delivered.
- Support the provision of a quality management system by adhering to associated paperwork (trainer evaluation and trainer sign off schedules for example)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
- Experience in H&S and training delivery,
- Construction/engineering experience desirable
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
- Training qualifications
- Train the trainer
Must have a background that will allow UK Security clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.