Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company and are seeking a Health and Safety Trainer to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 Months initially.
Role, tasks and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Trainer are:
* Undertake training at all levels within the company
* Assess company activities in order to identify the provisions of H&S Training.
* Consulting with centre managers of training courses to meet business requirements.
* Organising training resources.
* Monitor training effectiveness.
* Assist with Risk Assessments.
* Participate in departmental audit strategy.
* Ensure the Safety Culture Improvement Team is delivering support to the Devonport site within the parameters of their responsibility.
* Ensure monthly senior management safety seminars are delivered.
* Ensure production of the weekly corporate TOFS ensuring content is promoting the principals of the safety lens and focusing on LFE from both within and beyond Devonport operations.
* Safety Lens engagement is promoted and understanding is increased and that an annual poll measuring its understanding and effectiveness by the workforce is undertaken annually.
* A Human Factors / Performance strategy across all operational areas is in place and the principal of behavioural safety in general is promoted.
* Delivery of fit for purpose non-nuclear related H&S training (excluding, fire safety).
* Facilitate support to safety improvement initiatives across Devonport when safety culture and/or human factors input is required.
* Benchmarking internally and externally safety improvement initiatives.
* Ensure the annual 'Hazards Have No Holidays' photography competition and/or similar events to promote safety take place.
* Support to pan BU Safety Improvement Team meetings.
* Represent the D.O.S.D. at company meetings/seminars etc both on and off site.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements for the Health and Safety Trainer:
Health and Safety Practitioner
Train the trainer
Member of IOTD
Member of IOSH
Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.