Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Consultant for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Overall Job Purpose
The Health & Safety Consultant is to provide day to day Health Safety and Environmental advice and guidance to two operational production facilities within the company. The main tasks are likely to be as follows:
* Attend weekly Asset Change Board meeting and provide advice on ESH risks
* Risk Based Inspections (RBI) - Manage and deliver the facilities programme of 10 RBIs through the year
* Provide ESH information for and attend monthly Abnormal Event (AE) Governance Meeting providing ESH advice on investigations and initial assessments of AEs.
* Provide up to date ESH information for the facilities Safety Basis update each month
* Provide general ESH advice, guidance and support to Asset Operations Manager, Facility Management and Production Supervisors
* Working with Facility Manager prepare yearly case for continues operations
* Arrange and deliver with Site 5 Facility emergency response exercises through the year
* Provide weekly ESH support and guidance to major rekit projects in the facility
* Attend and provide ESH input into monthly Process Walk downs and Process Surveillance activities
* Dailey attendance at facilities Visual Management Board providing ESH advise
* Provide ESH advise at monthly Tech centre Task Review meeting
* Provide REACH and COMAH advice to facility on chemical holdings and use
* Provide daily input to Facility ESH Improvement Plan
* Provide advice to facility staff on how to develop task based risk assessments
* Carry out specialist Risk Assessments as required e.g. Noise, DSEAR, Confided spa
* Carry out Work Supervisory Officer accreditations /Re-Accreditations as directed by ESH manager
* Carry out monthly Duly Authorised Persons Assessment and accreditation for facility
* Provide Daily ESH advise to production process improvement activities
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.