Sitec has a requirement for a Head of Production Operations for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
The Head of Production Operations will be based within our clients business unit within the Marine Sector. Working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, the department works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. We're based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
We are looking for a Head of Production Operations with a proven track record in managing activities and supervising employees in production operations.
You will be responsible for the Bristol Design and Build Operations, focusing on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assure the processes and production requirements and product quality expectations and customer needs are met.
* Provide direction and leadership to the production/operations team to achieve high quality, productivity and safety standards.
* Ensure compliance to production schedules, process quality, efficiency standards, budget inventory and data reporting.
* Facilitate improvement through team involvement, training and education on specific tasks and company related functions.
* Be responsible for maintaining adequate supplies and materials, assuming proper maintenance of equipment, tools and housekeeping.
* Meet high levels of technical specifications and support to achieve excellent customer satisfaction ensuring deadlines for specific programmes and development projects are met.
* Understand and utilise complex technical designs to meet customer requirements in line with safety regulations.
* Where required work across functions to resolve issues.
* Application of lean and quality techniques as required.
* Scheduled auditing of production processes.
* Work at all times in a safe manner, in sometimes hazardous environments.
* Support resolution of technical issues arising from design changes and clarifications.
* Reporting internal failure to stakeholders for long term preventative action.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
The candidate will need to have:
* The ability to effectively manage a team, a natural inspirational leader and coach.
* Significant experience at a similar level.
* Experience of low volume, high value complex manufacturing.
* A track record of success of delivering sustainable change through Lean Manufacturing principles.
* Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* The ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work to agreed schedules and budgets.
* A strong working knowledge of metal fabrication??
* Knowledge of Welding, Machining and Fitting,
* The ability to communicate effectively and have an aptitude for learning new techniques, methods and principles.
The following would also be desirable:
* Lean/CI experience.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.