Sitec are currently looking for the right candidate as the Head of IS Business Engagement for a nuclear MoD establishment based in Reading. This is a permanent position and is paying a Competitive Salary plus defined contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme, and excellent work/life balance including nine day working fortnight.
Overall Job Purpose
To be the main point of contact for the clients business to ensure that business goals are achieved through the deployment of relevant technology and to deliver benefits from the exploitation of current services and buy-in from the business to IS enabled change.
* Accountable for defining and managing the relationship between IS and the clients business areas. The primary aim of this is to ensure the right support (delivered through the Business relationship managers) is getting to the relevant business areas in order to support the delivery of their business goals and to define and deliver their area strategies.
* Accountable for the following areas and their delivery to the business:
- Business Relationship Management
- Business Analysis
- Business-area product management
* As a key member of the IS leadership team, contribute to and lead relevant parts of the overall IS strategy for the client.
* Accountable for the IS Change and Communications strategy and its delivery in support of IS programmes, including Change Impact Assessments, Business Readiness, messaging across all channels, user feedback and management of the change network and generic benefits management.
* Accountable for the business demand for IS activity within the overall IS Governance process, including the management of the portfolio of demand, the Letters of Commitment and chairing the Front End Governance Board.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Influence internal and external stakeholders to define IS Strategy and Policy.
* Maintain the focus on key Strategic deliverables.
* Motivate and inspire Leaders to commit to delivering results across the business.
* Build teams and set direction.
* Actively champion Diversity and Inclusion through actions and behaviour.
* Identify talent and create opportunities to develop others, including through effective delegation.
* Metrics and reporting as appropriate.
* Set the strategy for IS communications, for example, Team Talks and portal presence.
* Ensuring the business customer is represented in IS decisions.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Qualifications and/ or professional memberships (Desirable)
* Project Management.
* Change Management Practitioner.
* General business and IS knowledge
* Good knowledge of the Demand Management lifecycle and how it fits into the overall project lifecycle and IS Governance.
* Good knowledge of how Business Analysis supports the project management lifecycle.
* Good knowledge of Business Relationship management and business partnering.
* Good knowledge of how Domain Architecture supports business partnering.
* Excellent communications and stakeholder management.
* Experience of setting strategy
* Experience of running services and improving service maturity
* Experience of leading change with significant impact in similar organisations.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.