Sitec are currently looking for the right candidate as the Head of Information Services Architecture for a nuclear MoD establishment based in Reading. This is a permanent position and is paying a Competitive Salary plus defined contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme, and excellent work/life balance including nine day working fortnight.
Overall Job Purpose
Due to a period of unparalleled change and transformation, our client is seeking to hire an experienced Head of Information Services Architecture to lead the development and maintenance of information and information technology architecture to deliver the company's Business and Information Services strategies.
* Leading the team of information, enterprise and solution architects for Information Services providing direction, guidance and resource planning.
* Leading the team of business analysts to formally review, capture and track business requirements for information services.
* Supervise the creation and review of high-level and detailed design documentation.
* Work with change and transform projects to ensure that design considerations and constraints are understood from the earliest stages and throughout the delivery process.
* Provide reporting and advice to the Information Service governance process on design issues especially design readiness.
* Oversee architecture and design activities around cloud services, IT infrastructure, enterprise line-of-business applications and non-IT technology such as physical security systems, industrial control systems, scientific instrumentation, and building control systems.
* Lead the application of a relevant, recognised design framework such as COBIT or TOGAF.
* Support the IS CTO in creating and managing technical strategy.
* Support the ICT Design Authority in reviewing ICT designs by preparing design documentation and contributing to design reviews.
* Influence internal and external stakeholders to define Strategy and Policy.
* Maintain the focus on key strategic deliverables.
* Motivate and inspire leaders to commit to delivering results across the business.
* Build teams and set direction, while actively championing Diversity and Inclusion through actions and behaviour.
* Identify talent and create opportunities to develop others, including through effective delegation.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
* As Head of Information Services Architecture, you must possess excellent skills and expertise across Solution Architecture, Data Management and Enterprise/Business Architecture.
* In addition, you must have led teams or organisational functions to address the appropriate use of technology to deliver and maintain business benefit.
* Prior recognition as an authority and acceptance in providing design guidance across teams delivering technology-based solutions and providing technical leadership across the organisation to achieve compliance with relevant architectural standards, legislation and regulation is also required.
* As an individual, you must possess the gravitas and maturity to influence at the highest level, coupled with a very solution focused approach.
Closing Date: 12th May 2019
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.